Ellendale, North Dakota
1.2

Bought a so-called complete motor. After 3wks it finally shipped. Said it was being "tested". Received a block of metal, nowhere near complete. Had a broken off intake manifold, cracked exhaust manifold, broken water pump, hole in the valve cover, dipstick tube was bent over almost 90* and the valves were rusty..guessing from the so-called "steam cleaning". My mechanic was PISSED! said I, basically, got a used long block for $1900. For the same price I could've had a new long block from the dealership. WITH A REAL WARRANTY!!!!

I called to ask them what they actually sent and got asked what was wrong. Started naming things and they said "that's a warranty issue, I'll transfer you", click..."warranty, this is Neil, can I help you?" Started telling him what I received, and was rudely interrupted with "that's a shipping claim here's their #, 800-543-5589". Called that, was asked the trace #. Told her the # I received from SWEngines, she says "That's not a # for our shipments, where was it sent to?" Told her. I got, "I'm not showing a delivery there. Where was it sent from?" Told her. I got " I'm not showing a "pick up there, either". Asked her "how's all this work? I just want to get "something" out of this, I ordered an engine, carb to oil pan and I got less". Was told "leave everything in place, cuz we can't reimburse you until this is resolved". I said "I'll get more info and call you back".

This vehicle is my livelihood! I can't wait to have this resolved. I'm using a loaner now and need to get it back.

I realized I had been taken and was going to be given the run-around.

Called the dealership and told them to just use the 2 motors to make a running motor and get me on the road again.

My next calls are to the BBB and Attourney Generals office!!!!

If SWEngines would've just tried working with me, I would've settled it all over the phone.

Now I see someone is trying to get a class-action suit against them. COUNT ME IN!!!!

I'd be ashamed to run a business like this. It's more of a scam, than anything. And I'm suspecting the so-called "shipping companies" are friends/relatives, in on all of it!

I have more pics and video as proof.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Southwest Engines and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Southwest Engines.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Equipment category for more informed decision or compare Southwest Engines to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Southwest Engines?

Comments

Concord, North Carolina, United States #1180771

Count me in on the class action suit as well.

They ripped me off for over $1200..

Have pics of the so called 30,000 mile engine with broken brackets, burned up pistons etc.would love to show those pics in court