Southwest Engines - Ripped off on replacement engine for 1997 Volvo 850
I ordered a used replacement engine for my 850 volvo 1997 3 weeks ago which came in finally 4 days ago.The engine was in decrepit condition to say the least and although it was guaranteed to have only 69,000 miles, my mechanic who is from Sweden and trained at Saab and in very reputable believes it to have many more miles than claimed, possibly over 200,000.
Additionally the engine was beat up and dirty and does not look anything like the picture on their wed site. I feel that they straight ripped me off. In addition I have left 3 phone messages including to customer service and a supervisor and none have been returned in the past 3 days. They also want to charge a $250.00 restocking fee plus I have to pay for return shipping.
I am extremely dissatisfied with the ethics and treatment SW engines has displayed. I have included 2 photos for comparison. It will be obvious once you look at the pictures. The first is the original engine that needs replacement.
It has 160,000 miles and is very clean.
The second photo is the replacement engine from SW engines which they claim has only 69,000 miles.I intend to file complaints with the local district attorney's office and any where else necessary to get corrective action.My advice is to avoid doing business with this company they are extremely unethical.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 1997 Volvo 850 Engine
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "good old josh is still not man enough to admit that the monster transmission has made a mistake and put the wrong parts in my transmission even after i had..."
- "Im a dealer for monster transmission, had a trans built buy monster trans, for my 97 chevy k 1500, i told them i pull a trailer, nd plow my parking..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "I flew from Oakland to Burbank on Mother's Day 2015. I read the inflight entertainment guide in the seat back and shared the information contained therein with the man..."
- "I made a purchase of the Brandy Melville cardigan one day and when because the item was priced so high, I assumed that it would be a good product. Anyways,..."
- "i needed 2 more days build on harlock tideseeker, kixeyes buy shop has a 1day token x 2 for tideseeker for reduced rate. i bought it for 65 gold ,..."