Southwest Engines - Ripped off on replacement engine for 1997 Volvo 850
I ordered a used replacement engine for my 850 volvo 1997 3 weeks ago which came in finally 4 days ago.The engine was in decrepit condition to say the least and although it was guaranteed to have only 69,000 miles, my mechanic who is from Sweden and trained at Saab and in very reputable believes it to have many more miles than claimed, possibly over 200,000.
Additionally the engine was beat up and dirty and does not look anything like the picture on their wed site. I feel that they straight ripped me off. In addition I have left 3 phone messages including to customer service and a supervisor and none have been returned in the past 3 days. They also want to charge a $250.00 restocking fee plus I have to pay for return shipping.
I am extremely dissatisfied with the ethics and treatment SW engines has displayed. I have included 2 photos for comparison. It will be obvious once you look at the pictures. The first is the original engine that needs replacement.
It has 160,000 miles and is very clean.
The second photo is the replacement engine from SW engines which they claim has only 69,000 miles.I intend to file complaints with the local district attorney's office and any where else necessary to get corrective action.My advice is to avoid doing business with this company they are extremely unethical.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 1997 Volvo 850 Engine
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My Steel Werner attic ladder, model S2210 broke while I was 6' up throwing me to the concrete floor. The web shows multiple instances of this ladder breaking exactly..."
- "Hercules tires were put on my motorcycle trike at 48,800. One tire wore completely bald with no tread, the other with a minor outline of a tread left. This was..."
- "I bought a brand new 1025r tlb in may 2016 took home found loose nuts and bolts loose on machine had 2 hrs on it had to have mower..."
- "Hello Everyone. I am an ACN Rep also. Personally I like all the products and services and think they're just great! But I just wanted to say that..."
- "Don’t rent a car from these swindlers. On 6 September 2016, I rented a car from Europcar at London Heathrow Airport. First - bait & switch: they said they can..."
- "I flew from Oakland to Burbank on Mother's Day 2015. I read the inflight entertainment guide in the seat back and shared the information contained therein with the man..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."