Southwest Engines - Ripped off on replacement engine for 1997 Volvo 850

26 of 98 Southwest Engines reviews

I ordered a used replacement engine for my 850 volvo 1997 3 weeks ago which came in finally 4 days ago.The engine was in decrepit condition to say the least and although it was guaranteed to have only 69,000 miles, my mechanic who is from Sweden and trained at Saab and in very reputable believes it to have many more miles than claimed, possibly over 200,000.

Additionally the engine was beat up and dirty and does not look anything like the picture on their wed site. I feel that they straight ripped me off. In addition I have left 3 phone messages including to customer service and a supervisor and none have been returned in the past 3 days. They also want to charge a $250.00 restocking fee plus I have to pay for return shipping.

I am extremely dissatisfied with the ethics and treatment SW engines has displayed. I have included 2 photos for comparison. It will be obvious once you look at the pictures. The first is the original engine that needs replacement.

It has 160,000 miles and is very clean.

The second photo is the replacement engine from SW engines which they claim has only 69,000 miles.I intend to file complaints with the local district attorney's office and any where else necessary to get corrective action.My advice is to avoid doing business with this company they are extremely unethical.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

1997 Volvo 850 Engine
Review category
Equipment
review #777739

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Southwest Engines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
26 of 98 Southwest Engines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 27 #1232984 Beloit, Wisconsin, United States

how sad don't worry sounds like a lot stuff they been doing to people just hope that before anyone else gets caught up trying to buy they read there reviews I talked my son into buying a motor from them he only had it in his car 5 days and it blew I feel so bad for him they are hanging up on us and being very rude this company cant keep getting away with this people work hard for there money only to be scammed by this company

0 0 Reply

Jul 03 #1180765 Concord, North Carolina, United States

Totally agree with this customer.
Very similar things happened to me. Don't walk away from SW Engines, Run away before they rip you off as well. Took me for $1200 and the engine I received for my VW that was supposed to have only 30,000 on it look to have over 100,000 on it.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Southwest Engines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Southwest Engines.
Filing a new complaint about
×