Turnaround Time

I ordered a used replacement engine for my 850 volvo 1997 3 weeks ago which came in finally 4 days ago.The engine was in decrepit condition to say the least and although it was guaranteed to have only 69,000 miles, my mechanic who is from Sweden and trained at Saab and in very reputable believes it to have many more miles than claimed, possibly over 200,000.

Additionally the engine was beat up and dirty and does not look anything like the picture on their wed site. I feel that they straight ripped me off. In addition I have left 3 phone messages including to customer service and a supervisor and none have been returned in the past 3 days. They also want to charge a $250.00 restocking fee plus I have to pay for return shipping.

I am extremely dissatisfied with the ethics and treatment SW engines has displayed. I have included 2 photos for comparison. It will be obvious once you look at the pictures. The first is the original engine that needs replacement.

It has 160,000 miles and is very clean.

The second photo is the replacement engine from SW engines which they claim has only 69,000 miles.I intend to file complaints with the local district attorney's office and any where else necessary to get corrective action.My advice is to avoid doing business with this company they are extremely unethical.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of 1997 volvo 850 engine and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Southwest Engines needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned 1997 volvo 850 engine in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Southwest Engines.

Had an Experience with Southwest Engines?

Comments

Beloit, Wisconsin, United States #1232984

how sad don't worry sounds like a lot stuff they been doing to people just hope that before anyone else gets caught up trying to buy they read there reviews I talked my son into buying a motor from them he only had it in his car 5 days and it blew I feel so bad for him they are hanging up on us and being very rude this company cant keep getting away with this people work hard for there money only to be scammed by this company

Concord, North Carolina, United States #1180765

Totally agree with this customer.

Very similar things happened to me.

Don't walk away from SW Engines, Run away before they rip you off as well.Took me for $1200 and the engine I received for my VW that was supposed to have only 30,000 on it look to have over 100,000 on it.