Southwest Engines - Review about Complete Engine from Ellendale, North Dakota

54 of 98 Southwest Engines reviews

Bought a so-called complete motor. After 3wks it finally shipped. Said it was being "tested". Received a block of metal, nowhere near complete. Had a broken off intake manifold, cracked exhaust manifold, broken water pump, hole in the valve cover, dipstick tube was bent over almost 90* and the valves were rusty..guessing from the so-called "steam cleaning". My mechanic was PISSED! said I, basically, got a used long block for $1900. For the same price I could've had a new long block from the dealership. WITH A REAL WARRANTY!!!!

I called to ask them what they actually sent and got asked what was wrong. Started naming things and they said "that's a warranty issue, I'll transfer you", click..."warranty, this is Neil, can I help you?" Started telling him what I received, and was rudely interrupted with "that's a shipping claim here's their #, 800-543-5589". Called that, was asked the trace #. Told her the # I received from SWEngines, she says "That's not a # for our shipments, where was it sent to?" Told her. I got, "I'm not showing a delivery there. Where was it sent from?" Told her. I got " I'm not showing a "pick up there, either". Asked her "how's all this work? I just want to get "something" out of this, I ordered an engine, carb to oil pan and I got less". Was told "leave everything in place, cuz we can't reimburse you until this is resolved". I said "I'll get more info and call you back".

This vehicle is my livelihood! I can't wait to have this resolved. I'm using a loaner now and need to get it back.

I realized I had been taken and was going to be given the run-around.

Called the dealership and told them to just use the 2 motors to make a running motor and get me on the road again.

My next calls are to the BBB and Attourney Generals office!!!!

If SWEngines would've just tried working with me, I would've settled it all over the phone.

Now I see someone is trying to get a class-action suit against them. COUNT ME IN!!!!

I'd be ashamed to run a business like this. It's more of a scam, than anything. And I'm suspecting the so-called "shipping companies" are friends/relatives, in on all of it!

I have more pics and video as proof.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Complete Engine
Review category
Equipment
review #601532

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Southwest Engines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
54 of 98 Southwest Engines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 03 #1180771 Concord, North Carolina, United States

Count me in on the class action suit as well.
They ripped me off for over $1200.. Have pics of the so called 30,000 mile engine with broken brackets, burned up pistons etc. would love to show those pics in court

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Southwest Engines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Southwest Engines.
Filing a new complaint about
×