Southwest Engines - Review about Complete Engine from Ellendale, North Dakota
Bought a so-called complete motor. After 3wks it finally shipped. Said it was being "tested". Received a block of metal, nowhere near complete. Had a broken off intake manifold, cracked exhaust manifold, broken water pump, hole in the valve cover, dipstick tube was bent over almost 90* and the valves were rusty..guessing from the so-called "steam cleaning". My mechanic was PISSED! said I, basically, got a used long block for $1900. For the same price I could've had a new long block from the dealership. WITH A REAL WARRANTY!!!!
I called to ask them what they actually sent and got asked what was wrong. Started naming things and they said "that's a warranty issue, I'll transfer you", click..."warranty, this is Neil, can I help you?" Started telling him what I received, and was rudely interrupted with "that's a shipping claim here's their #, 800-543-5589". Called that, was asked the trace #. Told her the # I received from SWEngines, she says "That's not a # for our shipments, where was it sent to?" Told her. I got, "I'm not showing a delivery there. Where was it sent from?" Told her. I got " I'm not showing a "pick up there, either". Asked her "how's all this work? I just want to get "something" out of this, I ordered an engine, carb to oil pan and I got less". Was told "leave everything in place, cuz we can't reimburse you until this is resolved". I said "I'll get more info and call you back".
This vehicle is my livelihood! I can't wait to have this resolved. I'm using a loaner now and need to get it back.
I realized I had been taken and was going to be given the run-around.
Called the dealership and told them to just use the 2 motors to make a running motor and get me on the road again.
My next calls are to the BBB and Attourney Generals office!!!!
If SWEngines would've just tried working with me, I would've settled it all over the phone.
Now I see someone is trying to get a class-action suit against them. COUNT ME IN!!!!
I'd be ashamed to run a business like this. It's more of a scam, than anything. And I'm suspecting the so-called "shipping companies" are friends/relatives, in on all of it!
I have more pics and video as proof.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Complete Engine
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "They advertise convertible tops that are junk and don't respond to warranty claims or refunds. Their phone number listed with eBay goes to a Dominos Pizza. They scammed me..."
- "Return policy has a restocking fee. I'm out of $17.25 It's the priciple that I'm upset about. Don't sell a product calling it a chip for $75, when in reality..."
- "good old josh is still not man enough to admit that the monster transmission has made a mistake and put the wrong parts in my transmission even after i had..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "Lawyer DeAnn Pladson of Fargo North Dakota illegally withheld stolen software, source code and financial information (all called Stolen Records) refusing to return the stolen records until I, Jon Tollefson,..."
- "Was using this supposedly awesome "pocket hose" and the end exploded. Second one to fail within a year. Also the call number runs you around like your..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."