Tracy, California

I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture of the 70k engine which is the only reason why i bought it) for $1100 after them taking the payment things instantly went sour.3 days later i call to ask for a tracking number to the engine that i bought that was in a pallet clean and ready to be shipped and instead i got a yelling from the Poor incompetent underpaid scapegoat on the Phone saying that i should have read their small print which states that they have up to 2 weeks to ship the engine and that the reason is taking long is because it goes through a quality check and steam cleaning before it ships.

Related: Lkq Corporation - Replaced engine, purchased extended 1 year warranty. On THIRD engine replacement now.

and i said to him... but wait.. the actual engine was already clean and on a pallet....and he said i don't have to talk to you any longer and click! hung up on me.WTf?

so i was pissed and called the next day again to try to find out information and spoke the manager asking about the engine delivery and such and he says we have two weeks to ship i told him i bought the engine in your ad that was cleaned and on a pallet and ready to go and he said its going through a thorough quality inspection before it ships.i was pissed at this point i told him i wanted to return my whole purchase he got angry we argued a little more and right there and then i told him the engine you're sending me better be the engine i purchased that was clean and on a pallet with only "70k"...he also hung up on me... "a Manager hung up on a customer" its amazing they're still in business or should i say in "scamness" needless to say of course i recieved an engine that came from an oregon junkyard..wtf? i bought it from sw engines in tulsa ok.took it to my mechanic and he says "looks like the engine has 370k not 70k" inside it was covered in oil gunk thick sludge my mechanic shop said *** no were not installing that....this one must have came of a truck that was never maintenanced and used for a heavy workhorse it was never cleaned like he said it was and obviously never inspected (like they said was being done) judging from the horrible condition of this pile of metal.

(please see pictures) im now talking with the federal trade commission about the business and their scheme and filing a federal suit against one company that has 12 different names( that i know of so far )....Everyone just needs to blast this company all over the internet so no one will buy anything from them.thanks and please pass the word on this one the next victim could be one of your own they go by many desguises and company names

Review about: 5 9L Dodge Ram Engine.

I liked: Ad with the beautiful clean ram 70k engine on the pallet.

I didn't like: Results of the bait i took not a 70k engine more like 300k.

1.7
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Engine
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss all of the above / $1100
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Southwest Engines?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.